Monday, October 6, 2008

DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?

Saul and I went to scout for my white tail deer hunt this last weekend. We went down the old Coronado Trail, down past Hannigan Meadow. We had a hard time finding anything, we never did see any deer. We took an old ranch road and stopped to do some 'glassing' (Saul's term for looking through binoculars).
After driving around we realized that we were low on gas. We saw a sign saying it was 16 miles to Morenci, as opposed to 90 to Hannigan Meadow. I haven't been down there for years. Everything was covered in copper dust, it was pretty cool. As we were driving through the mine we saw a sign to watch out for big horn sheep. I laughed, where would they live around there. But sure enough, we went around a corner and there was a herd, just off the road.
We got gas and headed back up. We finally found a couple of places that had deer sign, but we never did see any deer. Hopefully we will have some success. We just got back down the trail and in the car when it started to rain. It poured on us the whole way home. It was such a beautiful drive!

1 comment:

Hulse said...

I except to hear some better scouting reports than that especially with Saul at the wheel. We may have to get a sheep or a mule deer. I don't know the difference!
James