Tuesday, February 3, 2009

SUPERBOWL

We watched the superbowl while we were in Ogden. I knew it would be interesting with Lonny such a Steelers fan. But there were several of us cheering for the Cardinals also- my kids & I, Benda & Barry, and Darrin (Jessica was cheering for the Steelers). Because the kids and I were sick, we didn't go to church with Meg & Lonny. So while they were gone Justin decided to round up all of their Steelers gear- jerseys, jackets, blankets, cups, chairs, pillows (Lonny's been a fan for a long time!)- and hide them. He got the Lego's and made a cardinal head and set it on top of the TV, made a sign saying- no Steelers' fans allowed- and put up all red. They got home just before kick off and went to hurry and change into their steelers' clothes- no where! They started looking for their chairs and cups- no where! All of a sudden they started realizing just what was going on. After a little bit of wrestling, Justin gave in and told them where he hid it all. It was pretty clever and funny. The friends started showing up, the food was done, and the party started! It was such a good game. Even though we lost, I am glad that we atleast gave them such a good game. I was worried at first, but I thought the Cardinals pulled through well. And I could think of worse teams to lose to- like the Patriots or Giants. We will look forward to next year! And yes, Lonny and I still love each other.

1 comment:

Hulse said...

that is almost the same thing we did at the superbowl.