Monday, May 3, 2010

I LOVE SPRING


OK, I am terrible about blogging lately. I don't know why because I think about it all the time and it is pretty therapeutic. But I just don't take the time to sit down and write like I should.

Lately I have been thinking about how beautiful the days are getting...the sun is up earlier and going down later; even though we have had that nasty wind and still getting a little snow, it is starting to warm up and feel like spring. But something that makes me really happy is that my tulips are blooming! I love tulips. I had planted hundreds of them in my yard in Utah. I looked forward to them blooming every spring. When I start to see their leaves shooting up from the cold, barren dirt it means that spring is coming. I LOVE SPRING!!! I like all of the seasons, the summer sun, the fall colors, the winter snow and holidays...but Spring is my favorite. When winter cold seems to linger on and it seems that everything is dead and drab, then you start to see little sprigs of green poking thru the ground and you know that the earth is about to come alive again. All the baby animals start to be born, the sun starts to shine more and it makes you feel hope and happiness. I love flowers, all flowers...but since tulips are some of the first to come up and bloom, I love them most! They just make me smile. So this last fall I planted over 100 in my flower beds. Who knew that this winter was going to be especially long and hard and that I would need them so much this spring. Everytime I drove away from or back to my house, I would just smile at the long row of tulips in my front flower bed. I was slow getting out and getting pictures and the wind has taken it's tole on them. But they made me smile and cheered my heart. Now that they are starting to fade and die back, my other flowers are starting to shoot up and hopefully it won't be long until they start to bloom also!

No comments: