Monday, December 1, 2008

FOOD-FUN-FAMILY= THANKSGIVING!


Thanksgiving was a pretty quiet day for us this year. We were planning on going to Mesa to eat with my family at Ivy's. But then Ariel informed us that she had to work. We didn't think we could leave her here on her own, so we decided to stay here and have dinner with just us. It was the first time ever that we didn't eat Thanksgiving dinner with other family. Ariel got up and headed to work early, Saul slept in most of the morning, I got up early to get dinner ready, dodging nerf bullets from a terribly bored Justin who couldn't wait for his sister to get home and keep him entertained- and neither could I! We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on TV, followed by the dog show and football. We all ate in our lounge clothes and just hung out afterward. I must admit that it was a pretty relaxing day, even with having to cook all of the dinner myself. And I must admit, the food was pretty good. But it also seemed empty without other family around.
-Friday morning Saul and Justin headed out early to go elk hunting with Sean and Brett Cutler, Ariel went to work, and I headed to Mesa to hang out with Karlie, Ivy, Megan, and Sue. Dave and Cher left Rachel down there to hang out with her girl cousins, so she rode home with me that night. I was glad to get to see some of the family for a little while at least.

1 comment:

Angela* said...

Sometimes I long for a nice quiet Thanksgiving. haha. Extended family is great, but so just your own. :) Poor Ariel having to work- what a bummer.
Kalli can pretty much make anything, she's so talented!