Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WILEY COYOTE

It's the most wonderful time of the year for Saul- but I'm not talking about the holidays. I am talking about hunting and trapping season. It starts getting cold and Saul starts getting excited. Yesterday morning we woke up to a little bit of snow- maybe an inch or so. But Saul called it a snow day and didn't go to work. Instead he took my 4-Runner and went out looking for critter tracks in the snow. Ariel had seen a bobcat cross the road infront of her on her way home from work the night before, so Saul went to see if he could find it. He parked the car on Pinedale road and went out walking looking for tracks. He soon came upon some fresh coyote tracks and decided to follow them. He followed them out and around, up hills and down. He kept following them and where did they lead? Right up to the 4-Runner that he had parked and left. Had he stayed there he could have shot it when it came in. I laughed really hard when he told me the story. That sneaky little dog! :)
Of course all I need is for Saul to catch more critters. I got tired of him hanging them all over my house, so I told him that he can hang what he wants to in my bedroom, but the rest of the house is off limits. All his guy friends come over and think I am the coolest for letting him decorate our bedroom. My girl friends all think I am nuts! I guess I'm probably a little of both. But I just gotta find a way to win our argument over where he is gonna hang his moose when he gets it back from the taxidermist ;)

2 comments:

Sheridan said...

Hang it on the ceiling... Wouldn't you like to wake up to a big, brown, furry... oh wait, that's Moroni, I mean, wouldn't you like to wake up to a moose looking straight at you? :)

Amy J said...

Tana, that's the most romantic room ever!